Data Protection Policy
CHE Consult GmbH is pleased about your visit to our websites and thanks you for your interest in our company, our projects, publications and other services. We take the protection of your personal data very seriously and adhere strictly to the latest data protection laws. Personal data on this website is collected only to the extent necessary for technical purposes. Under no circumstances will the data collected be sold or passed on to third parties for any other reason. The following statement provides an overview of how we protect your data and what kind of data is collected for which purposes.
§ 1 Information about the collection of personal data
(1) In this section, we inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is any information that is capable of identifying you as an individual person, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses or user behavior.
(2) The party responsible pursuant to Article 4 (7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is CHE Consult GmbH, Stresemannstr. 123 C, 10963 Berlin, firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHE Consult GmbH employs an external data protection officer:
Dr. Nils Helmke
Attorney and external data protection officer
Waldring 43 – 47, 44789 Bochum, Germany
Phone: +49 234 282533-20, Fax: +49 234 282533-10
(3) When you contact us by e-mail or via one of our contact forms, the data you provide (your e-mail address) will be stored by us in order to respond to your query. The provision of further information is voluntary and merely facilitates our contact with you. We delete the data accruing in this context when the storage is no longer necessary or restrict its processing if there are further legal retention obligations. The legal basis for processing your data is Article 6 (1) (b) GDPR.
(4) In case we utilise commissioned service providers for individual aspects of our data services or we would like to make use of your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes below. In doing so, we will also clearly state the extent of the storage period.
§ 2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights vis-à-vis us with regard to the personal data concerning you:
- Right to information,
- Right to correction or deletion,
- Right to restriction of processing,
- Right to object to processing,
- Right to data transfers.
(2) You also have the right to submit a complaint to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us.
§ 3 Collection of personal data on our website
(1) In the case of mere informational use of the website, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise transmit information to us, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is necessary in technical terms for us to display our website to you and to ensure stability and security (legal basis is Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone deviation from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Amount of data transferred in each case
- Website from which the request originates
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive, assigned to the browser you are using and through which the organisation that sets the cookie (in this case, by us), certain information flows. Cookies cannot execute programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They serve to create a more user-friendly and effective experience when online services are used.
(a) This website uses different types of cookies, provided that they are necessary for the provision of our online services. These include:
- Transient cookies (see b).
- Persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include, in particular, session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, with which various requests of your browser can be assigned to your visit session. This allows your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period of time, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time. Persistent cookies are used to save settings you have made. Your settings, which you have declared via the cookie banner, are also saved via a persistent cookie, for example. In general, we use persistent cookies to be able to save the settings you have made on this website. Such cookies are generally provided with an expiration date, after which they are deleted.
d) Our cookies are provided with differing storage periods. In principle, cookies are retained only for as long as is necessary for the provision of our services.
e) You can configure your browser settings according to your preferences and, for example, refuse to accept third-party cookies or any cookies at all. Please note that you may then not be able to use all functions of this website.
f) In addition to the cookies that we require for the operation of the site and to provide our services, we would like to collect additional data to improve the use of our site and to display content that meets your needs. Your consent – which you can of course revoke at any time – is required for this.
Which procedures these are and how they work are defined in the corresponding sections of this declaration.
§ 4 SSL or TLS encryption
This site utilitises SSL or TLS encryption for security reasons and to protect the transmission of confidential content, such as orders or requests that you send to us as the site operator. You can recognize an encrypted connection through the address line of the browser changing from “http://” to “https://” and by the lock symbol in your browser line.
If SSL or TLS encryption is activated, the data you transmit to us cannot be read by third parties.
§ 5 Further functions and offers of our website
(1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use, should you be interested in doing so. For this purpose, you usually have to provide further personal data, which we use to provide the respective service and for which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
(2) In some cases, we use external service providers to process your data. These providers have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound to our directives and they are also regularly monitored.
(3) Furthermore, we may pass on your personal data to third parties if we offer participation in promotions, competitions, the conclusion of contracts or similar services together with our partners. You will receive more information about this when you provide your personal data or below in the description of the offer.
(4) If our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you about the consequences of this fact in the description of the offer.
§ 6 Objection or revocation of permission to the processing of your data
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you may revoke this consent at any time. Such revocation affects our ability to process your personal data after you have expressed it to us.
(2) Insofar as we justify the processing of your personal data on the balance of interests, you may object to this processing. This is the case if the processing of your data is not necessary, in particular, for the fulfillment of a contract with you. If your data is necessary for such a purpose, we will inform you. When exercising an objection to the processing of your personal data, we ask for a written justification as to why you do not wish us to continue with the processing. In the event of a justified objection, we will review the situation and either discontinue or adjust the data processing or, if need be, show you our compelling legitimate grounds on the basis of which we will continue the processing.
(3) Of course, you can object to the processing of your personal data for purposes of advertising and data analysis at any time. You can inform us of your objection to these uses using the following contact details:
CHE Consult GmbH
Stresemannstr. 123 C